Monday, 9 July 2018

my experience at a German War Cemetery

Before I start my story, there is something I probably need to mention.

I have always been fascinated by the past and the way people used to live. To that extent even that, when I look at old/antique furniture, I picture the old owners, completely with period accurate clothing and such. But also the other way around : the people I pictured with it have sometimes also helped me in trying to date the furniture. Anyways, you get the idea.

Now, back to the cemetery. Yesterday, I visited the only German War Cemetery in the Netherlands. It has about 32 000 individual graves, so it is huge. Sometimes, when I get into graveyards, an eerie feeling creeps up on me, but not here. It felt so incredibly...peaceful (what a paradox for a war cemetery).
A few lines into the graveyard, I looked to my left, and then there it was : I saw German soldiers, in full uniform. Conversing with each other as if they didn't know they were dead. Giving orders as if they didn't know the war ended about 70 years ago. They didn't seem to pay attention to me, if they did notice me at all. They were porbably too far away from me to get disturbed anyway. So I sort of shrugged it off and continued walking.

The next weird thing happened when I encountered about the tenth soldier who wasn't even 18 yet. As soon as I encountered the first one, I couldn't stop thinking about how this were just kids. they probably didn't even know what they were fighting for. They were someone's brother and son who never saw home again. Who left their mothers weeping.
I could only take so much, and the tenth got me weeping too. I don't even know what for. I just felt incredibly overwhelmed. I brushed my tears away, but they just kept on coming. And then...Then I felt a slight breeze and a hand upon my shoulder, like someone was telling me ''don't cry. It's allright. I am at peace now, at last."

I have never had any paranormal encounters before, but this has left me with a weird feeling. Any thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/norsewolf
[link] [comments]

from Paranormal https://ift.tt/2uhY4s1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think

Search This Blog